Saturday 18 September 2010

On My Wishlist #2



On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday
My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares
Publication Date: June 2010
Genre: Teen Romance
I saw this today in the bookshop and I've seen alot of reviews for it and sounds pretty good!
Synopsis from Amazon:

Daniel tells me that he’s always loved me. That I feel the same. That I always have. Not just in this life, but in my last life, and all my lives before. But I don’t remember him. He says he is always searching for me. Always hoping that one day I will remember. But it is only he that carries the memory of our love. I know that finding true love is never easy. Perhaps you have fought for it. Perhaps, like Daniel, you have endured the pain of it being unrequited.  But I hope your quest ends happily. I hope you never have to face the heartbreak that inevitably awaits us. This is our extraordinary, unforgettable story.






Lies by Michael Grant
Publication Date: September 2010
Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy

I just finished reading the 2nd book in the series, Hunger (will be posting a review soon). It was brill and I can't wait to read the next one, Lies.

Synopsis from Amazon:

It happens in one night: a girl who died now walks among the living, Zil and the Human Crew set fire to Perdido Beach, and amid the flames and smoke, Sam sees the figure of the boy he fears the most - Drake. But Sam and Caine defeated him along with the Darkness - or so they thought. As Perdido Beach burns, battles rage: Astrid against the Town Council; the Human Crew versus the mutants; and Sam against Drake. And the prophetess Orsay and her companion, Nerezza, are preaching that death will set them all free. As life in the FAYZ becomes more desperate, no one knows who they can trust.



Fortune by Megan Cole
Publication Date: July 2010
Genre: Romance

I was gonna buy this when it came out, however, for some reason I didn't. It also kinda reminds me of Gossip Girl and I love the GG series...

Synopsis from Amazon:

Step into the world of the mega-rich… and the mega-bitches.
Three girls. One life-changing fortune…
Madison is so over New York. Her mom won't let her have botox and she can't leave the city because her step-father is sick. Snoresville. So when she gets a mysterious invitation to a private party in Capri, held by billionaire music mogul Brad Masters, she's determined to go.
Simonetta wants her mamma off her back. Of course she's not going to give up modelling in Rome to go back to her fusty little village. When she gets her invitation, she sees the chance to lose her roots forever.
Sapphire just wants to write songs and hang out in the London record shop where she works. When she's invited to Brad's party, she doesn't even want to go – but her mum seems strangely excited about it.
Madison, Simonetta and Sapphire: three girls from different worlds who are about to find out they have more in common than they think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background by Ava7Patterns