Tuesday 21 September 2010

REVIEW: Hunger by Michael Grant

Hunger, is the second book in the popular series ,Gone, by Michael Grant. It follows the characters from Gone and focuses on general 'FAYZ' life and their struggle, particularly hunger (hence the name).

I found this book throughly entertaining and engaging throughout. The author wrote it well and I liked the way he gave the story from different points of view of thew characters (but it was mainly based around one of the lead characters, Sam). I think I found Hunger, more entertaining than the first but I love both!

However, I found the book to be quite scary at times and a bit frightening! I think the warning sign on the back of the book is there for a reason...It was also kind of violent too, I would recommend it for people 13-14+.

After reading this book, I've also realized that I love sci-fi/fantasy fiction . I just love the ideas that the author has created. It is a realistic idea even though some could argue that some of the topics seem unrealistic (in this world).

However, I found myself wondering throughout the book, what will happen in the very end of the series? And when will we find out why everyone over the age of 15 has dissapeared?

Overall, I found this book to be very good and engrossing! I can't wait to read the third book, Lies!

Plot: 5/5
Characters: 4/5
Ending: 5/5
Writing: 4/5
Cover: 3/5


Overall: 4.5/5

1 comments:

Kate said...

I have awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award. Please click the link below to view it.


Kate @ Literary Explorations

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background by Ava7Patterns