Sunday 3 October 2010

REVIEW: A Note of Madness Series* by Tabitha Suzuma

*Just to clarify, this review is the whole series (A Note of Madness and A Voice in the Distance) so I'm reviewing them together.

 A Note of Madness and A Voice in the Distance are one of Tabitha Suzuma's first books which she wrote in 2007 and 2008. The story follows Flynn, a student at the Royal College of Music who suffers from Bipolar Disorder (Manic Depression)

When I finished one of Suzuma's more recent books, Forbidden, I couldn't wait to read her other books as I loved Forbidden. And I wasn't dissapointed. Firstly, I felt that the author did her research into the topic really well. She didn't portray Bipolar Disorder as just a mental illness that can be cured, she expressed that there was more to it than just that. It was like you could feel Flynn's pain.

I also liked the romance in the story between Jennah and Flynn (and I love romance!) which was kind of like 'Forbidden Love'. Furthermore, I also found both books to be very absorbing and I finished them really quickly.

The other characters, Harry, Kate, Rami etc. were also portrayed realistically and well.

Overall, I found this to be a great series (although not as good as her other book, Forbidden) and very moving. I hope she writes another book to continue the series.

Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Ending: 3.5/5
Writing: 5/5
Cover: 2/5


Overall: 5/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background by Ava7Patterns